Requisition ID: req24455
Job Title: Researcher for migration issues
Sector: Advocacy & Government Affairs
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Athens, Greece
Apply on IRC’s website here: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/24455?c=rescue&source=LinkedInA
- Track national and EU policy developments on policies impacting those displaced at the EU’s borders.
- Conduct research on national and EU-level policies and procedures impacting access to territory and access to asylum in Europe.
- Collect, analyse and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- Identify and profile relevant initiatives by peer organisations that the IRC could complement and collaborate with.
- Draft content for advocacy and communications materials including policy briefs, one-sheets, talking points, Press Releases and other updates and reports.
- Help develop and manage strong working relationships with a diverse range of allies and stakeholders, including international and national NGOs operating in EU member states.
- Work along with the Policy & Advocacy and IRC programme teams to adjust the project and its deliverables, as needed.
- Participate in working groups and coordination meetings.
- Produce a report with the research findings and recommendations at the end of the project.
- A master’s degree in international affairs, political science, journalism or other related field that includes the study of international humanitarian issues.
- Excellent English communication skills, and ability to write quality advocacy materials, and communicate complex issues in a clear manner. Knowledge of other EU relevant languages (e.g. Greek, Spanish, Italian, Polish) or languages spoken by people seeking protection in Europe (esp. Farsi, Arabic) would be considered an asset.
- An excellent understanding of current EU migration issues.
- Research and analytical skills to track and stay up-to-date on legislative developments.
- Ability to manage complex workloads, work independently, take initiative, and deliver outputs on agreed deadlines. Excellent time-management and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be eligible to work in Greece.
- 2-4 years of experience working professionally as a researcher on similar issues, managing data sets and conducting evaluations, writing and editing materials to a high quality within tight deadlines.